DIVISION OF GENERAL INTERNAL MEDICINE ACADEMIC OFFICES
UPMC Montefiore Hospital, Suite 933W
Patient/clinical inquires: 412-692-4888
PLANNING TO VISIT?
Find driving directions and parking info:
The Department of General Internal Medicine publishes a quarterly newsletter that reflects the accomplishments of the division and its centers, institutes, and sections. All issues of the newsletter are archived.
Our missions are to maintain excellence in patient care, to provide innovations in the education and training of future physicians and clinical scientists, and to advance health care and population health through research and discovery.
About the Division
- The largest of the 10 divisions within the Department of Medicine
- Comprises 6 sites for clinical and teaching activities
- Has a large inpatient service that includes full-time hospitalist and consult services
- 8 physicians named Pittsburgh Magazine’s 2014 "Best Doctors"
- Nearly 150 total faculty members
- 13 fellows
- 18 faculty are members of the Academy of Master Educators
- Home to the Institute for Clinical Research Education (ICRE), which supports clinical and translational science training for the Schools of the Health Sciences
- More than 150 students enrolled in ICRE degree and training programs in 2014
- Nearly 200 publications in peer-reviewed journals during the past year
- 13 physicians received national recognition from the NCQA in diabetes management
- Recertified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH) at level 3 recognition
- $16 million dollar research funding for FY14